Instagram is rolling out advertising to everyone – no longer just a select few brands such as Taco Bell and Michael Kors.
Below we capture what’s new, why you should use Instagram ads, and how to get started.
- Instagram carousel ads with “Shop Now”, “Learn More” and “Sign Up” buttons that link outside the app.
- Ads can be targeted based on demographics: age, gender and interests that are pulled from user Facebook profiles.
- Sophisticated API for automated managing, tracking and measuring of Instagram advertising.
Why should a brand use Instagram ads?
- Reach highly engaged younger audiences with content that allows deeper engagement off the Instagram platform.
- Instagram has run 475 campaigns to-date with ad recall 2.9x higher than Nielsen Brand Effect’s norms for online advertising.
- Brands that trialled Instagram ads included The Gap, Disney, Electronic Arts and Taco Bell.
Allows full integration of the channel with the brand’s social CRM strategy, moving Instagram from an awareness only touchpoint to the end of the purchase funnel.
Demonstrate the value of a brand’s Instagram presence beyond engagement on the platform, through number of clicks (consideration) & cost per conversion.
Personalization of organic content based on advanced analytics from ads which will show higher consideration from the Target Audience through A/B testing.
How should brands use Instagram ads?
- Focus on quality content that integrates seamlessly with Instagram experience and drives one of the following actions: Shop Now, Book Now, Download, Learn More and Sign Up.
- Ask your marketing software provider when Instagram ad integration will be available. Salesforce and Nanigans are already in the works!
- Learn more: Instagram blog or ask us @socialogilvy or email us social[at]ogilvy.com