We are looking for a talented Junior Designer to join our team as part of Ogilvy New York’s Social@Ogilvy group. If you have the natural ability to craft intuitive and innovative pathways between keyboard and content we’d like to talk with you. Be able to demonstrate your passion to solve complex communications challenges on a global scale in a fast-paced environment through creativity, concept and a deep understanding of “what makes them click.” You have a refined design eye, you know how to tastefully use typography, and always strive towards excellence in your craft. And of course, you have an innovative portfolio that demonstrates your success designing eye-catching content. This role will start off in a temporary capacity, with potential to go full-time.
Your toolbox should include solid expertise Adobe Creative Suite – in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign – as well as:
- Strong attention to detail
- An understanding of the unique challenges surrounding social media projects;
- The ability to create, articulate and document meaningful user-centered online experiences
- A positive and collaborative personality
- The ability to clearly and confidently present your work in front of both internal and external clients
- Work resourcefully, offering a variety of alternative solutions to creative problems
- Resolve most questions and problems independently, seeking counsel where appropriate and making recommendations on complex issues
- Don’t shy away from hands-on work. Be ready to jump in with the highest level of design quality
- BFA or BS degree in relevant field of study or equivalent experience
The Social@Ogilvy team provides a clear understanding of what's important and relevant in the digital landscape - to both the client and their target audiences. We provide clients with the strategies and solutions necessary to connect with customers and constituencies across the digital landscape. The digital spectrum includes not only content design, but a thorough understanding of creative consumption mechanisms like Instagram & Tumblr on a deeply human level. In addition skills in developing rich media content (from a film/animation) perspective is a must. We are the next generation agency focused on comprehensive digital strategy – not just building destinations.
THE CALL TO ACTION: Tweet @NicoleRecruit1 letting her know you've applied for the role or send her a private message on@LINKEDIN as another communication option. Only those who meet our requirements will be contacted -- but thanks to all who apply!
(CLICK HERE TO APPLY)